Today we are going to be making pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to get our taste buds ready for fall! Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, so our crew thought to throw some pumpkin puree and spices into the mix to get us in the festive mood.
We all know I love everything having to do with fall, but what I especially love about this season is getting to bake up all the apples, squashes and pumpkins New England farmers are harvesting. You might remember our apple baking videos from last year which you can watch here, here and here; but this year we decided to go with pumpkin in case you aren’t an apple fan. This recipe is easy to make and will take you under thirty minutes to recreate, what’s better than that!
Now here is what you’ll need to pull off the perfect pumpkin cookie:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Let's start by preheating the oven to 365ºF
- Next, mix together your canned pumpkin, sugar, oil and egg until well blended in your mixer. Once blended add in all spices, and slowly mix in flour and remaining ingredients. The dough will be wet and sticky so make sure to grab a cookie scoop for the next step.
- Line a cookie sheet and use your cookie scooper to scoop those cookies. The cookies won't spread too much in the oven so you can place the cookies closer together if cookie sheet space is limited.
- Finally, stick the cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Once stiff, pull them out of the oven and let them cook. Enjoy!
And just like that, you have the perfect fall snack. I hope this video inspired you to step into the kitchen and make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you want more quick tutorials like this!
Shop This Post: