This week is usually when I try to wrap up Christmas shopping for others as holiday parties start to approach. I love visiting shopping centers all the way up to the big day, but I try to wrap up my shopping for others so I have time to wrap gifts, enjoy the season and not stress about giving! With that being said, here is my New Englander’s Guide to Christmas Shopping in Connecticut
Winter Worthy Investment:
- Sherpa Toggle Coat: I have been dying to get my hands on this coat, and with a hefty price tag of $350, I’ve watched as J.Crew has had sale after sale, which they rarely do. So if you’re looking for a coat now is the time to buy with sales up to 50% off, this iconic New England styled coat is a steal at $200!
- Saltwater Duck Boots: I basically have been living in my duck boots, between home demolition to running errands in the snow; if you’re out Christmas Shopping in Connecticut grab yourself a pair of these and thank me later.
Cultivating Christmas Cheer:
- Marshall Bluetooth Speaker: If you’re going Christmas shopping that means you’re going to have some gift wrapping to do, and nothing gets me in the gift wrapping mood like Christmas music! Crank the tunes with this Marshall Bluetooth Speaker that doubles as a retro decor piece.
- Long Down Coat with Faux Fur Hood: Currently on sale for $99, this coat is by far the best winter staple, I’ve purchased this year. Not only is it stylish, but it also keeps you bundled up and warm for those late night trips to outdoor shopping centers. Land’s End does a great job with wardrobe staples and this coat, last styled here, just reiterate that Land’s End does basics better and more affordable than other brands.
- Custom Holiday Wrapping Paper: When I was little my Mom use to wrap each of my siblings and I’s presents in their own wrapping paper. That way we each knew which gifts were ours by the wrapping, and now with Etsy, I’ve taken that tradition to the next level. From llama wrapping paper to this delicate nutcracker print, Etsy has all sorts of wrapping paper at all different prices.
- Christmas In Connecticut: Nothing soothes your spirit after a long day of Christmas shopping like a Christmas movie! Christmas In Connecticut is by far one of my favorite Christmas movies, from the clothing to the snowy sleigh ride scene; if you haven’t seen this movie I highly suggest purchasing it and popping it under your tree.
- Gingerbread Creation Kit: I love gingerbread cookies! Now while they’re good out of the box, nothing can compete with homemade gingerbread men, women and houses! Last year I purchased this gingerbread house kit when I was out shopping and got my money’s worth out of it for sure. So this year if you’re out shopping and need to pick up a little housewarming gift, head to William Sonoma and grab this kit!
- Last Minute Christmas Party Dress: This week alone I have three Christmas party events, oh boy. With that in mind the other day while out shopping, I decided to pick up this dress as a little holiday gift to myself. While it’s on the pricey side, I will definitely be getting my money’s worth out of this dress, between holiday parties and Valentine’s day shoots, just around the corner.
Shop This Post: