In the blink of an eye, November will be here, which means it’s time to get our minds in the giving mood. I truly enjoy giving gifts. Whether it’s hosting a giveaway on Instagram and giving back to all of you, or giving gifts to the loved ones in my life; giving is just fun. But I’m also the first to admit that finding the perfect gift can be stressful. With that being said, you all requested some guidance on how to style the men in your life, so our crew whipped up this graphic for today. Below I’m breaking down all the basic elements needed to pull off that iconic preppy fall look, and which pieces are worth investing in, for the New England men in your life.
Worth The Investment:
- The Classic Field Jacket: Let’s face it, the last thing the men in my life think to invest in is a jacket for fall. Whether you’re sending your preppy man off to work or back to a college campus, keep them warm with this stylish and Thermore-filled field jacket.
- Kenton Leather Boots: These iconic leather boots are ideal for the New England man on the go. From work meetings to pumpkin patch picking, these supple lined and heavy-duty soled shoes will complete your man’s dapper look.
Fundamental Fall Finds:
- The Plaid Sports Shirt: Nothing says fall quite like a plaid shirt, am I right? With so many plaid shirts out on the market, Matt and I always come back to this trim cut one from the brand 1901.
- The Garment-Dyed Jean: Matt actually LIVES in these pants. I mean, I wish I was kidding but he wears a pair of these garment-dyed jeans almost every day to work. The perfect balance between a chino work pant and blue jeans, these pants are perfect for a casual work setting or a haunted hayride date night.
- The Half-Zip Fleece: Without fail, the men in my life never seem to understand the importance of layering and the concept of brisk autumn air. With that being said, no one wants to be sick during this time of year, so I recommend investing in a half zip fleece for the New Englanders in your life. Whether they are heading to work or running errands on the weekend, a half zip fleece is an ideal item to have laying around.
- The Thermal Crewneck: Whether Matt’s heading out to the Patriots game or in the kitchen cooking up some nachos for this week’s game, a thermal crewneck is a men’s staple. Take your guys’ weekend style up a notch by adding the texture of thermal to their long sleeve, cotton tee collection.
- The Sherpa Vest: I finally got Matt to invest in a vest last November, and would stand by the fact that it’s proudly one of his most worn items. Matt is rarely cold, so having a vest on hand is a good alternative piece if it’s too warm for a fully lined jacket.
- The Corduroy Pant: Corduroy is one of my favorite fall fabrics to play with as you can see here. Now, while it’s not an everyday go-to piece, it is a fun item to have in your closet if your New Englander is feeling extra fall festive.
Shop This Post: