I’ve never felt so unprepared for Thanksgiving! Every year the holiday is hosted by my parents. But, this year Matt is throwing a huge Friendsgiving the day before Thanksgiving, Matt is great at hosting – and not so great at prep work.
When it comes to making sure food and drinks are flowing – this little lady better get cooking! Whether you’re hosting a few friends or a hangry family, I’m sharing 3 Thanksgiving side dishes ready in under 30 minutes with GE Profile built-in microwave!
Since our kitchen renovation was completed in May, our microwave is our most used GE Appliance. When Matt and I designed our kitchen it was important for us to have a built-in microwave. As you may have noticed on Instagram stories, I like to keep my countertops clear. Building the microwave into our island offers a clean look and gives guests extra space to gather around. While shopping for microwaves, I quickly learned GE Appliances offered a wide range of built-in options, in a variety of sizes. As seen here. For our home, we chose this model. I love the large cooking capacity it offers, which is great while hosting during the holidays. Plus, the microwave perfectly matches our GE Profile Slide-In Electric Range!
With Matt’s Friendsgiving barely a week away, I’m in the kitchen test cooking a few recipes. The recipes I chose are quick, easy and efficient for me to make during the party. Plus, who doesn’t love a good classic side dish!
3 Thanksgiving Side Dishes Ready In Under 30 Minutes
- 3 to 5 sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk to 1/2 cup milk (depending on how many potatoes you use)
- 1 to 2 eggs (depending on how many potatoes you use)
- Pinch of salt
- A bag of big or small marshmallows
- Place 3 to 5 sweet potatoes on a microwave safe plate, pierce each potato with a fork, and microwave in 2 minute increments for up to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and scoop insides into a clean mixing bowl.
- Microwave 4 tbsp of butter until fully melted. Pour into the mixing bowl.
- Preheat your GE Profile Built-In Microwave/Convection Oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your brown sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and eggs one at a time. Stirring throughout until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle both big and small marshmallows over the top.
- Pop in the microwave for 25 mins or until the marshmallows turn a light brown and your dish is ready!
- 1 pound of green beans
- 1 white onion
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1 bag of glazed pecans (the ones from Whole Foods are my favorite)
- 1 bag of cranberries or if you're in a rush use dried cranberries.
- Place green beans with a splash of water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and puncture two holes in the bowl for venting.
- Stick in your GE Profile Built-In Microwave for 4 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave and throw into a hot skillet with 3 tbsp of butter.
- Once butter has melted, throw in your glazed pecans and cranberries.
- Cook until the cranberries pop.
- Pour into a festive holiday bowl and you have a stunning side dish in under 15 minutes!
- 1 box of Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 & 3/4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 2 - 5 celery stocks
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Pinch of poultry seasoning
- Over low-heat saute onions and celery stocks on stovetop in butter.
- Grab a microwave safe bowl, pour in Stove Top Stuffing and chicken stock.
- Cover and microwave in your GE Profile Microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- Once translucent place your onions and celery in the dish you plan to serve with.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of poultry seasoning.
- Once the Stove Top Stuffing is ready, pour into the serving bowl and mix well with a fork to fluff and serve!
Thank you to GE Appliances for the gifted items in this post.
Shop This Post: